Monday 5 December 2011

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Rating: 4-Would recommend it to everyone
PLOT:
My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. You may have heard of me... So begins the tale of a hero told from his own point of view—a story unequalled in fantasy literature...
ahh the story of Kvothe the Bloodless, who gets orphaned, gets educated and became a sword brandishing hero. This novel is actually the second part of The Kingkiller Chronicles, but I haven't read the first one.

The novel has everything, it begins with Kvothe, now an innkeeper telling his audience, the Chronicler and Bast, his story as he went through his studies, his intelligence , his escapades, his travels and love life.
There is more to his story of course but a summary is tiring since this book has about more that 900 pages.Took me a long time to get through

check out this fanart i saw in deviantart, real cool this is exactly how i imagined kvothe to look like
I dont like Kvothe, he's alright though, annoying, hot tempered, kind still and really wise, but I dont feel any warmth towards him. Yet I like all the other characters actually, I also love the detailed descriptions of the places our hero had been to-the University, The Archives, Maer's kingdom, etc etc.
But those seems to be just for entertainment purposes, so many things had happened and I dont know how it would all add up to one solid plot, so as for now I have no idea how the 3rd novel would be, no expectations, no hints.

But I hate the part of the Adem and all the Lethani is painfully boring...sorry it is just weird to s ee some deep philosophy, but it did helped Kvothe with his fighting prowess, so i can forgive

Rothfuss is truly one of the best writers.The world he made is perfect, amazing, created realistic characters, It is still a fantastic read and worth the time, no wonder it is such a commercial success.

No comments:

Post a Comment